Building Department Forms & Documents
The following documents provide an overview of the building permit process, the zoning process and an example of a site plan:
Forms & Applications
- For a commercial building permit, please use the Commercial Plan Review Application Form (PDF).
- To apply for a sprinkler system permit, please use the Fire Alarm & Sprinkler System Application Form (PDF).
- Use the Residential Plan Review Application (PDF) to apply for a new residential building.
- For residential add-on, please use the Residential Add-on Application Form (PDF).
- To apply for a sign permit, please use the Sign Permit Application Form (PDF).
- For a zoning change request, please use the City Zoning Application (PDF).
- Use the Consent to Demolish Form (PDF) to obtain consent for building demolition.
- Read through the list of Permit Fees (PDF).
- Please use the Review & Approved of Preliminary Plat Form (PDF) to apply for preliminary re-plat.
- For a building variance request, please use the Appeal for Modification of Ordinance Form (PDF).
Rules & Ordinances
- Read through the Lake Jacksonville Rules & Regulations (PDF).
- Visit the Residential Building Energy Code Compliance Tool page on the U.S. Department of Energy website.
- Browse through the Commercial Billing Energy Code Compliance Tool page on the U.S. Department of Energy website.
- Find out more about the Code of Ordinances on the Jacksonville Code of Ordinance website.
- Visit the Texas Accessibility Standard page.
- Visit the FEMA Flood Map Service Center website to view an interactive Map of Flood Areas, or view the FEMA Flood Plain Map (PDF).
- Access an Interactive Zoning Map of Jacksonville, or view the Zoning Map (PDF).